- Internet Explorer 9,10 and 11
- Windows Defender
Microsoft have corrected 2 vulnerabilities out of their updating cicle, which ones a cyber deliquent could execute a malicious code remotely and this way he could seize control of the system and to generate a denieing server condition.
In the case of Microsoft Internet Explorer is necessary to install the needed security update to the version we need. The Windows Defender update is automatic, so we only have to check if the automatic updates are activated.
Would you like to stay tunned with the information of our services? Subscribe to our bulletin or our Twitter profile @ProtegeEmpresa and Facebook. You will be the first one to know about the latest security news for companies. We also put at your disposal a free telephone line of cybersecurity help: 900 116 117
The updates correct the security problems that are detailed here:
- A vulnerability on Internet Explorer is traduced to the bad functionality in the handling of memory objects. A cyberdelinquent could make use of this vulnerability and seize control of the affected system with the objective of installing and executing programs, see, change or delete data, or to create new user account with all the permissions.
- A vulnerability in Microsoft Defender that triggers a inadequate files management. The exploit of this vulnerability could allow a cyberdelinquent to generate a service denial condition, preventing the users with legitimate accounts to execute system files.
Remember the need of keeping your systems and applications always updates and follow these tips:
- Software updates policies
- Minimize the risks of an attack: update the software!
- Good practices in the IT area
- Use the 5 senses to prevent cybersecurity incidents
- Evaluate the risks of your company in only 5 minutes